TWM, a growing surveying and engineering firm, is currently taking applications for a Land Surveying/Geospatial Technician position to support our Geospatial Department. This is an entry level-position for individuals with backgrounds in geography, utility locating, and/or land surveying with 2-5 years of experience. We are looking for driven individuals interested in learning and using the latest technology to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Experience Level: 2-5 years preferred in land surveying, construction, or utility locating
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours / week, with the possibility of overtime / out of town work
Location: Based in Swansea, IL
Essential job functions:
- Performance of a variety of geospatial-related functions including utility locating and assistance with land surveying functions
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather and at times as a 1-person crew
- Team-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Willingness to work hard
- Attention to detail
- Experience with the following Trimble products is beneficial:
- Robotic Total Stations
- Trimble Access
- GPS (GNSS) Receiver units
- Spar utility locating equipment
- Construction experience
- High school diploma required. A college degree in Geography, Land Surveying, or related field of study is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Some out-of-town work required
- Ability to pass drug/alcohol test and background check is required
Competitive salary and fringe benefit package. Starting salary is dependent upon personal knowledge, skill, and ability. Regular salary reviews, exceptional performance-based bonus incentives, non-contributory Employee Stock Ownership Plan, insurance, 401K, holidays, Paid Time Off, and more.
- Visit our How to Apply page and follow the instructions.
- Download the application. Choose the appropriate application below, save it, and complete it.
- Write a cover letter. Explain how your knowledge, skills and abilities will serve TWM.
- Prepare a resume. If you prefer, but not in lieu of the application.
- Obtain a college transcript, if applicable. Especially important if you have less than 2 years of experience. It can be unofficial at this stage.
- E-mail or mail your complete package to us. If e-mailing, please send all files in Word or PDF format.
– or –
Thouvenot, Wade & Moerchen
4940 Old Collinsville Road
Swansea, IL 62226
- Submit our EEO/AA Forms under separate cover to help us fulfill our EEO/AA obligations.
- Use the application for Geospatial positions.
- Indicate “Application – Land Surveying/Geospatial Technician” in the subject of your email.
- If applicable, an unofficial transcript from your school’s online system is acceptable at this stage. Your transcript can be emailed or sent under separate cover if necessary
- Apply early. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified candidates are identified.
TWM is an established but growth-oriented consulting firm offering Civil and Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and other Geospatial services. A 100% ESOP-owned company and Top Workplace, TWM’s structure allows you to reap the rewards of your hard work. Each employee becomes an owner through a gift of company stock and has a vested interest in seeing the company succeed. We are different from most employers – and from other ESOP companies. Come experience what makes TWM unique!
TWM is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.