About Mosquito Joe
Are you looking for a place to work where you feel like you are contributing to the success of the company? In this role, you will be working alone or periodically with 1 other person. What this means is that you have a direct impact to the bottom line! You will obtain a 3-year license through the Illinois Department of Agriculture making you a certified Commercial Operator in the Pest Control Industry. We are looking for employees who take pride in their work, enjoy what they do, feel like they have accomplished something at the end of the day, and enjoy learning a new trade.
Are you detail-oriented? Do you take pride in your work? Do you enjoy the feeling of success? Do you enjoy contributing to the welfare of your community? Do you desire competitive wages and incentives? Look no further!! At Mosquito Joe you will become an outdoor Pest Treatment Specialist and help us eliminate mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and other outdoor pests. We service both commercial and residential properties every 2 to 3 weeks conducting treatments lasting of about 20 minutes. Our goal is to reduce the threat of diseases carried by various insects and to simply make outside fun again for our customers. We need Pest Treatment Specialists that can receive initial guidance and direction and then apply independently while operating efficiently in all facets of their role. We require our Pest Treatment Specialists to exhibit the highest customer service to help retain our customer base. We reward those who reliably and consistently help grow our company and strive to improve their performance each day. Come join our team of "Joes" and create your own "Joe" persona!
We are a seasonal business operating between April and October, but working on other programs to create annual field positions. We work with associates in the off-season to assist our employees in finding temporary work until the season begins again and offer incentive programs to help provide supplemental payroll during the off-season. We also offer increased rewards and upward mobility in our company based on your performance.
What our Pest Treatment Specialists Do…
• Obtain a Commercial Operator license by successfully passing 70 out of 100 multiple choice questions online. Exam is once every 3 years - Online Training and Testing Information
• Complete Brilliant at the Basics, Master of Pest Management, and Field training
Greet Customers and Educate them on our services, products, and procedures
• Observe and treat breeding locations on properties
• Mix appropriate products for desired result
• Carry/Operate a backpack sprayer weighing 60-70lbs for periods of at least 20 min
• Become an expert in Mosquito and Tick control
• Tactically place Yard Signs and Door Hangars in the community
• Comply with state and local operating procedures
• Electronically document chemical usage / environment conditions
• Monitor and Communicate via our workforce management tool
• Participate in team meetings and periodic evaluations
• Complete extended training in Mosquito Joe University and Pest Web
• Report supply deficiencies and van/equipment issues to management
• Perform minor maintenance on backpack sprayers
• Complete Daily Checklist/Report
• Operate a GPS navigational system
• Operate a Smartphone - Call or text ahead to customers
• Deliver New Customer Welcome Packages / End of Year Gifts
Why You Will Love It!
• Flexible for college students looking for that summer job in-between semesters
• Flexible for first responders with 24 on/off schedules
• Great Pay + Incentives. .. $13 to $16 p/h depending on experience!
• Community Service…controls mosquitoes that carry infectious diseases
• Sweet Ride! No other service like ours can compete with our branding!
• Rewarding and Welcoming culture! Christian and Veteran-based ownership!
• New Skills! Licensed Certification! Customer Service experience! Small Engine Repair!
• Potential for promotion to become a Route Lead or Field Ops Manager
• Refer a Friend! $200 Bonus
• Driver’s License with no revocation within last 2 years
• Background Check with no felony convictions within last 5 years
• Ability to carry 60-70lbs at 20-min intervals during the heat of the summer
• Customer Service experience – 1 yr desired
• Self-confident and Professional
• Independent, Detail-oriented, Organized, Consistent and Reliable
• Reliable transportation to and from work location
• Ability to operate a mobile device
• Flexible to work weekends and long hours during the day
• Khaki Pants - Shirts, Hat, and Boots provided
• A formal resume with customer service and/or pest control experience is a plus