About Mosquito Joe
Are you looking for real employment? I mean a role that offers you a license that will make you certified in the pest control industry. Are you the type that pays attention to detail and takes pride in all facets of your job? Do you want to feel successful and know you are making a difference in the community? Are you tired of typical entry-level & general labor positions? Look no further!! At Mosquito Joe you will learn a new trade that reduce and eliminates mosquitoes, fleas and ticks from commercial and residential properties. We focus on these insects, especially mosquitoes, for the risk they put on our communities with the many diseases they can carry to incapacitate families and pets. We need treatment specialists that can operate efficiently, independently, and pay close attention to detail in all facets of their role. We require our Treatment Specialists to exhibit the highest customer service to help retain our customers. We offer incentives as well as competitive pay. We reward those who reliably and consistently help grow our company while performing at the highest level. Come join our team of "Joes" and create your own "Joe" persona!
Mosquitoes, Fleas, and Ticks have a very quick reproductive cycle and require us to service our customers every 2 to 3 weeks. Our Treatment Specialists treat standing water and perform pest control spraying via a backpack sprayer that gives us the versatility to conduct a very thorough treatment offering our customers the best experience possible. We service the entire Metro East area of St. Louis and expecting to conduct over 4000 work orders in 2020 as we enter our 5th season. This can be interpreted into increased hours and opportunity for lead positions in our field operations. Mosquito Joe has been recognized by many top magazines as “Top 100 Franchises,” “Best Places to Work” and “Fastest Growing.” Come join us if you enjoy the outdoors and want to Make Outside Fun Again for our customers!
What our Pest Treatment Specialists Do…
- Become a licensed Commercial Operator by the Illinois Department of Agriculture within 2 weeks of hire
- Complete classroom and field training within 2 weeks of hire
- Greet Customers and Educate them on our services, products, and procedures
- Become an expert in Mosquito and Tick control
- Mix appropriate products for desired result
- Place Yard Signs and Door Hangars in various neighbors and main thoroughfares
- Identify “hot spots” and treat with larvacide
- Carry/Operate a backpack sprayer weighing 60-70lbs for periods of 20 min
- Comply with local operating procedures
- Electronically document chemical usage / environment conditions
- Monitor and Communicate via our workforce management tool
- Participate in team meetings and periodic evaluations
- Report supply deficiencies and van/equipment issues to management
- Perform minor maintenance on backpack sprayers
- Diligently complete Daily Checklists
- Operate a GPS system
- Operate a Smartphone - Call or text ahead to customers
- Deliver New Customer Welcome Packages / End of Year Gifts
Why You Will Love It!
- Flexible for college students looking for that summer job in-between semesters
- Flexible for first responders with 24 on/off schedules
- Great Pay + Incentives... $11.50 to $15 p/h depending on experience!
- Community Service…controls mosquitoes that carry infectious diseases
- Sweet Ride! No other service like ours can compete with our branding!
- Awesome Team! Professional! Teambuilding! Christian-based ownership!
- New Skills! Licensed Certification! Customer Service experience! Small Engine Repair!
- Potential for promotion to become a Field Manager based on performance
- Refer a Friend! $100 Bonus
- Driver’s License with no revocation within last 2 years
- Background Check with no felony convictions within last 5 years
- Ability to carry 60-70 lbs at 20-min intervals during the heat of the summer
- Customer Service experience – 1 yr desired
- Self-confident and Professional
- Detail-oriented, Organized, Consistent and Reliable
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work location
- Ability to operate a smart phone or tablet
- Flexible to work weekends and long hours during the day
- Shirts and Hat provided, but pants and shoes/boots must be in compliance
Apply on Indeed.com by entering “Mosquito Joe” in WHAT and “Granite City” in WHERE. You can also apply on our website at HTTPS://METROEASTIL.MOSQUITOJOE.COM
under the About Us/Careers tab.
A formal resume with customer service and/or pest control experience is a plus
Booklets come with a $20 deposit and Clinics for testing are paid by ownership
Test Scheduling – Clinic – Contact Information