$18.00 Hourly Onwards
R.P. Lumber Co. is seeking applicants who hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – Class B License with Air Brake Endorsement (non-excepted interstate), to perform duties as a Delivery Truck Driver. A Delivery Truck Driver is responsible for transporting and dropping off residential and commercial building products and materials while providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourself homeowners. This is accomplished by appropriately using company vehicles and equipment to deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner.
Responsibilities of Position
- Assists in the loading and/or securing of residential and commercial building products and materials on trucks daily. Assists yard personnel in verifying materials and quantities for accuracy.
- Responsible for delivering products and materials to customer’s jobsites using the most efficient route available while observing and obeying all traffic laws and safety regulations as well as company policies/procedures.
- Unload or assists in unloading products and materials at the customer’s jobsite by using crane (boom), conveyor, piggybacks (Moffett) and/or by hand.
- Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional customer service.
- Responsible for securing returning loads on the company vehicle prior to leaving the job site.
- Responsible for the completion of required paperwork pertaining to deliveries (including Delivery Waiver / Consent Form), returns, and/or transfers to ensure the accurate tracking of product and materials for inventory control management purposes.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles.
- Performs routine safety check on vehicles according to company policies/procedures.
- Assists in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials.
- Assist customers in the yard with loading material and product questions when not driving a delivery truck.
- Must have high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of the vehicle to ensure proper delivery while preventing damage to materials and equipment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) when dealing with vendors, customers, management, and team members
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
- The physical demands of the position requires an individual to have the ability to bend, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and be able to frequently lift and/or move between 50 - 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- An acceptable driving record and valid state CDL - Class B License with Air Brake Endorsement (non-excepted interstate).
- Must have current and valid Medical Certification Card.
- Must be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company.
- Must successfully complete all Company training and certification requirements regarding equipment usage, including obtaining R.P. Lumber’s Boom and Forklift Certification.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Successful applicants are subject to pre-employment drug testing, pre-employment background check and driver history checks in accordance with applicable federal and state law.
R.P. Lumber Co. offers the following opportunities and benefits (Full-Time employees):
- Competitive wages
- Health / Dental / Vision / Term-Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Profit Sharing / 401k
- Paid time-off & holidays
- Employee Merchandise Discount
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by phone or email for the next step in our hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us. Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
R.P. Lumber Co., Inc. (“R.P. Lumber Co.) is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, handicap or disability, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal or state law.