POSITION SUMMARY: Within a designated market, the Construction Account Manager is responsible for identifying leads and proactively prospecting and selling temporary waste removal to customers primarily in the construction industry. The Construction Account Manager is also responsible for building and growing long-term relationships and increasing revenue to meet and exceed the monthly targeted profitable growth objectives in support of the Company’s overall goals. The Construction Account Manager meets regularly with prospective and existing clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all services, as appropriate.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty.
- Identifies viable leads, manages prospects and secures all lines of temporary business offered within the market to exceed monthly established targeted profitable individual and team growth goals.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to grow existing client base; follows up with key decision makers.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis; schedules and documents all activities such as calls, meetings and proposals.
- Generates and provides sales leads for permanent sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience. (Required)
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant sales experience. (Required)
• Valid driver’s license. (Required)
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
· We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
· We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
· We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
· We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
· We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.