POSITION SUMMARY: The Operator operates machines and/or equipment at a recyclery, landfill, or transfer station.
- Performs pre-operation and post-operation inspection of the equipment, and ensures windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean.
- Operates equipment including excavator, compactor, bulldozer, forklift, front end loader and other equipment, using proper techniques.
- Monitors waste for signs of unacceptable waste.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Continuously monitors the equipment to ensure proper operation and minimal down time. Cleans tracks or wheels on equipment.
- Performs and documents minor service on equipment.
- Completes Equipment Condition Report and reports any necessary repairs to supervisor and/or Maintenance Shop. Completes other required forms.
- Ensures that equipment is properly cleaned, serviced and stored at the end of each shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Valid certificate(s) of training, as required, for use of equipment.
- Equivalent of (1) high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
- 2 years experience in equipment operation.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
· We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
· We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
· We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
· We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
· We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).