As an Operations Supervisor at Republic Services, you are responsible for the safety and well-being of the most important asset at our company – our employees. As a people leader, you will have the chance to solve problems, create opportunities and deliver exceptional service to our customers and communities. As a key member of the leadership team, you will both understand the big picture of where we are going as a company, while being hands-on in the day-to-day operation to make it happen.
What you will do:
- Attract, hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Drivers, Helpers, and/or Dispatchers.
- Prioritize safety through accident prevention programs, including accountability for safe behaviors, conducting safety meetings, and maintaining a safety focused culture.
- Optimize our business by creating, modifying, and improving routes to maximize efficiency.
- Gather and review customer feedback to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company Provide coaching, feedback, and exposure to challenging assignments for team members.
- Collaborate frequently with colleagues across departments, such as sales and maintenance teams, to ensure business and operational goals are achieved.
- Implement engagement programs to attract new employees and drive existing employee loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
- Establish productivity goals where needed, ensure adherence to operating standards, and manage labor hours and expenses closely.
What you will need to be successful:
- Previous knowledge or experience of leading in a safety-focused environment preferred.
- Capacity to lead diverse teams of individuals to perform at their best.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound decisions efficiently.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers and colleagues with respect.
- A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in the right way.
- Comfort using technology (i.e., Microsoft Office, App-Based Software, Web-Based Software).
- Desire to help others and be a team player.
Why you will love this job!
- You will have the ability to make a positive impact on the company and team by creating opportunities for our colleagues to serve our communities at their best.
- You will get the chance to take ownership of important priorities and flex your leadership muscle.
- You will be a part of a team that has earned awards such as “Most Admired Company of 2021”.
- You will stay active and engaged with your team, your customers, and our communities – shifting between office and field throughout the day.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and all-weather gear.
- You will work for a company that cares about you, with great benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
- You will work alongside diverse colleagues who are committed to serving our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and our confidential employee experience survey.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
· We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
· We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
· We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
· We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
· We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.